In our company you can order all types of equipment and component parts for solar power systems, including solar cable and МС- 4 sockets for connection of solar modules. The basic requirement for cables and sockets (connectors), used for commutation (connection) of separate sunny batteries, is to minimize transmission losses of generated electric power from photo-electric panels to the end-use customer. Losses minimization on switch nodes and cables (conductors) is a way to increase solar power-station efficiency ratio.
МС4 connectors: advantages and features
Special sockets, also called connectors, are used to combine several solar modules with further commutation to an invertor. Connector (cable socket) must comply following requirements :
- Case stability against dynamic load (compression, bends etc.);
- strength connector joint with the cable connected;
- absolute protecting from dust and water infiltration;
- voltage overload stability not lower than САТ III class;
- fireproof ness – no less than 1 minute at voltage equal or over 6 kV;
- ability to hold the maximum possible amount of commutation/disconnection cycles;
- insulant stability to negative effects of ultraviolet radiation (the most optimal choice is polyamide and other polymers with similar features).
МС4 connectors meet joint standard, they are used by all manufacturers making solar batteries, they are installed in powerful industrial solar power-stations as well as in small suburban houses. The use of МС4 connectors substantially facilitates solar batteries installation process, providing reliable and leakfree connection.
Special engineering design provides not only complete impermeability but also provides better transmission of heavy currents due to built-in silicon seal. МС4 connectors fits for cable size from 2 to 6 mm, maximal external diameter of the crimped cable equals 9 mm.
Solar cable: how to choose, requirements and features
There are many types of different cables are presented at the market nowadays, that may vary by current-carrying conductor material, conductor core diameter and isolation type. We may to formulate several basic rules on cable choice for solar power-station:
- Current-carrying conductor is made of high cleanness metal (usually aluminium or copper). If there are any foreign materials in a conductor (most often iron particles), it can cause “magnetizing” effect in such cable, that results in additional losses of electricity during current transportation along cables. Unlicensed Chinese manufacturers (so-called «gray producers») offer their low quality products substantially cheaper than average market price.
- The level of electricity losses during transportation through a cable must not exceed 3%. Such level is usually achieved by correct choice of conductor core size (diameter). Current density should be no more than 0,12 mm2/A*m. Necessary conductor core diameter can be deducted by a simple formula: current intensity is multiplied by cable length and divided by maximum possible current density. Hereof it follows, that all interconnections between photo-electric modules should be arranged on the shortest possible distance. Rentechno specialists will help not only with correct choice of conductor core diameter, but also will design optimal cable layout for solar power-station.
- Reliability and longevity: average operation time of solar batteries is about 25-30 years, so component parts, especially solar cables and connectors must have similar exploitation resource, resistance to atmospheric precipitations and thermal extremes. For the use in sunny power-stations You should not to choose a cable with chlorine components in its insulation, besause it ruins quickly enough in aggressive environment.
We offer the most innovative and modern solar energy technologies to our customers, Rentechno company presents selected assortment of cables and other components necessary to build solar power-stations and to provide their high productivity and reliability.
HIKRA® PLUS (EN50618) solar cables
This cable is intended for use in PV installations e.g. acc. IEC 60364-7-712 and suitable for the application in/at equipment with protective insulation (protection class II). Our double insulated HIKRA®PLUS EN50618 solar cable is intended for permanent use outdoor and indoor, for free movable, free hanging and fixed installation. Robust materials defy the long-term influences of nature and offer a maximum quality and safety. In case of proper use the expected lifetime of this product will be at least 25 years.
Thanks to its good resistance to atmospheric conditions, the cable has a specifically water repellent and can be laid underground.